IGNOU PhD Entrance Exam July 2020 – IGNOU has recently announced the registration for the entrance exam of the Ph.D. program for the year 2020. Candidates can now fill their online entrance application form for taking admission to the Ph.D. programs by IGNOU. The wait is now over for those students who eagerly waiting for the Ph.D. entrance examination for a long time. Candidates are requested to read the article carefully to know the complete details of IGNOU Ph.D. Entrance Eligibility, Registration Procedure, Fees, Syllabus, Dates, and many more.
IGNOU PhD Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate must have a master degree completed from a recognized institution with minimum 55% marks
Note – SC/ST/OBC candidates will have a relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum percentage criteria
IGNOU Ph.D. Course Duration
The minimum course duration for a particular Ph.D. program will be of 3 years and the maximum duration for completing the program is 6 years.
Available Categories of IGNOU Ph.D. Courses:
- Full Time
It is to inform all candidates that both category students have to attend the classes at the allotted centre to accomplish their course work given by the university. The student must have 80% attendance in the course work to get eligible for the term-end examination.
IGNOU PhD Exam Exam Registration and Exam Date 2020
IGNOU Ph.D. Online Application Started On: 28th February 2020
Last Date of PhD Online Application: 30th June 2020 (Confirmed)
Release Date of PhD Entrance Hall Ticket: July 2020 (Expected)
IGNOU Phd Entrance Exam Date: July 2020 (Expected)
IGNOU PhD Result Declaration Date: August 2020 (Expected)
How to Apply Online for Ph.D. Entrance Exam 2020?
- Students can easily apply for Ph.D. Entrance Examination through online mode. Interested candidates have to click on the given application link and then click on the “Online Application Form” link for Ph.D. 2020. After the click, you will go to the registration section where you have to click on New Registration to begin your registration procedure.
- Candidates have to fill all sections including Registration and Application Form without any spelling mistakes
- Once you fill the above details, it mandatory to upload your recent passport size scanned photograph and digital signature. A scanned photograph must be less than 200 KB in size and Signature must be less than 30 KB. After uploading, you have to re-verify your application with all the details that you provide to the university before submitting it. You can also get a print of your Application form before proceeding for payment.
- After checking your application, candidates have to pay their application form by online mode. After completion of payment, you will get payment receipt so keep it safe with you for any future reference.
- After successful payment, you will receive a notification or confirmation via SMS or through your registered email ID. If you didn’t get any confirmation then, please contact the IGNOU Ph.D. support team as fast as possible.
- Candidates have to note down their Application Number for login to the Ph.D. entrance portal for downloading their Admit Card and Result in the future.
It is compulsory to register yourself to fill your application form online. Once you have paid your fees for the entrance exam will not refundable to the candidate in any circumstances. There are no documents to needed submit while filling an application form for Ph.D. All original documents will have to produce at the time of the Interview taken by the university.
IGNOU Ph.D. Entrance Application Fees 2020:
- Rs.1000/- (General)
- Rs 800/- (SC, ST & EWS)
IGNOU PhD Entrance Online Payment Methods:
- Net Banking
- Debit/Credit Card
- ATM Card
IGNOU Ph.D. Entrance Exam Structure 2020
We can understand that many of the students are confused regarding the syllabus and structure of the Ph.D. Entrance Examination. Here, we have an answer for almost all the questions of the students so let’s started. The Ph.D. entrance test will be based on MCQs and there will be a total of 100 questions will be asked in the paper and each question will have 1 mark.
As per the Ph.D. Bulletin, the Ph.D. entrance examination syllabus structure strictly based on the UGC guidelines which mean 50% question will be based on Research methodology and 50% question will be based on a specific subject. We want to relieve all interested students who want to appear in the Ph.D. entrance exam that there is no negative marking in the entrance.
IGNOU Ph.D. Selection Procedure
Candidates will be shortlisted for the Ph.D. program by proceeding through two stages called Entrance Exam and Interview. IGNOU Ph.D. entrance examination will have a weighted of 70% while the personal interview will have a weighted of 30% so candidates have to start the preparation according to it.
If candidates want more details and have any queries or questions related to IGNOU PhD vacancies, offered courses, eligibility, available seats then we request you to explore the Ph.D. Bulletin at once to get the answer to all your queries.
FAQS of IGNOU PhD Entrance Exam 2020
Can I Do PhD program from IGNOU?
Yes, Eligible candidates can do PhD from IGNOU
Is IGNOU PhD program Distance or Regular?
IGNOU PhD programs are the regular program and running under the guidelines of UGC.
Is Part-Time or Full-Time PhD Valid?
Of course it is valid in India.
Is the IGNOU PhD program Recognized by the UGC?
How can I get PhD from IGNOU?
To get a PhD from IGNOU, you have to pass the entrance exam, interview, and course work (theory and practical).
Do I Need to Pass Entrance for Taking Admission in PhD?
Yes. It is compulsory for all interested candidates.