Indira Gandhi National Open University or better known as IGNOU has announced vacancies for Non-Academic positions lately. The university has offered a detailed summary for the recruitment on its official website so that the interested candidates can soon apply for the positions. If you are interested in applying for the several positions announced by IGNOU, you should know the details properly. Here, you can find several details that you need to know about the recruitment process.
IGNOU Non-Academic Position Recruitment
Established in the year 1985, IGNOU has now become the largest distance learning university in the world. Today the university has been offering education to different students in a wide number of courses and programs. From diploma programs to undergraduate degrees and postgraduate degrees, IGNOU has been offering certification courses in varied subjects and fields.
Recently, the university has announced recruitment for the positions of Assistant Registrar and Security Officers on its official website. All the candidates who match well with the required qualification can apply for the positions and can appear for the entrance exam to be conducted at the university.
|No.||Name of Post||No. of Posts||Salary|
|1||Assistant Registrar||21||Rs 56,100 to 1,77,500*|
|2||Security Officer||1||Rs 56,100 to 1,77,500*|
Candidates who crack through the recruitment procedure can soon join the advertised position at a salary package between Rs, 56,100 to Rs. 1,77,500 per month.
Here are some of the important dates for recruitment in the advertised positions.
|IGNOU Application Form Submission Start Date||1st December 2020 (Tuesday)|
|IGNOU Application Form Submission Last Date||31st December 2020 (Thursday)|
|IGNOU Recruitment Exam Admit Card||11th January 2021 (Monday)|
|IGNOU Recruitment Exam Date||24th January 2021 (Sunday)|
All the candidates should submit the application form along with the application fee by 31st December 2020 11:50 PM. Anyone who is trying to apply after this date and time will not be entertained. The application for the recruitment is strictly online and physical submission to the IGNOU office will be entertained.
If you wish to apply for the recruitment process, you need to make sure that you match up the qualifications. Here are the important qualifications that you should know.
For Assistant Registrar:
- Candidates who are applying for the positions should have passed Master’s Degree with at least 55% or should have an equivalent grade in a UGC approved degree.
For Security Officer:
- The candidate should have a master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent with a “B” grade on the UGC 7 point scale.
- The candidates who are applying for the position of Security Officer should have experience as a Short Service Commissioned Officer after the completion of at least 5 years of service in the military. They should bring a releasing letter sanction from the Department of Defense Ministry of the country.
Age Criteria for Both Posts
There are 13 positions for unreserved categories out of 21 vacancies. The highest age limit for the unreserved positions has been kept as 42 years. There is 1 reservation for ST and SC category and they will be offered a relaxation of 5 years. Similarly, there are 5 vacancies for OBC categories and they will be provided a relaxation of 3 years. Apart from this, there are also age relaxation for PWD, Ex Government officials, and others for a maximum of 15 years, depending upon factors such as the service duration, categories, and others.
The Application Process
Here are the steps that you can follow to apply for the recruitment procedure.
Step – 1 – Visit the website at https://recruitment.nta.nic.in.
Step – 2 – Now click on the advertisement banner for the position of Assistant Registrar and Security Officer.
Step – 3 – On the page that appears, click on the option of New Registration.
Step – 4 – Go through the entire guidelines and click on the proceed option after clicking on the box.
Step – 5 – Fill in the details properly and click on submit. Make sure that you provide contact details that are active and you are using.
Step – 6 – After the registration is over, use your application number and security pin to sign in.
Step – 7 – Fill in the application form with all the required details.
Step – 8 – Upload all the important documents that are asked for along with your photograph and your digital signature.
Step – 9 – Make the fee payment through any of the different online payment options. The fee amount for candidates from the unreserved category is Rs. 1000/- while for the reserved category, it is Rs. 600/-.
Step – 10 – Select the city in which you wish to appear for the exam.
Make sure that you have provided all the details properly and have cross-checked it carefully. Also, make sure that you have uploaded all the documents carefully before submitting the application form.
Here are some of the important documents that you should keep along with you before starting the application form.
- Scanned copy of Government-based identity proofs such as PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Passport, Ration Card, and others. These should be in PDF format and should be of a maximum of 500 KB.
- Scanned photography that is in JPEG format and is of the maximum size of 200 KB.
- The scan of the digital signature should be also there in JPEG or JPG format and should be of the size 4 KB to 30 KB.
IGNOU Recruitment Admit Card 2021
IGNOU has announced that it will release the admit card for the recruitment exam on 11th January 2021. Here are some of the important instructions that you should follow regarding the Admit Card.
- Candidates can start downloading their Admit Card from the official website of IGNOU at https://recruitment.nta.nic.in from 11th January 2021.
- Candidates should go through the date and timing on the admit card to reach the exam hall on time.
- Also, the candidates should go through the several guidelines provided on the admit card and should follow them religiously.
- As soon as the candidate gets the admit card, he or she should check through the personal details on it. For any error found, the candidate should immediately get in touch with the officials at 0120-6895200 between the duration of 9 am to 6 pm.
- There will be no admit card send to the candidates by post. Also, there is no option of getting a duplicate admit card. So, the candidates should keep the admit card safe and in proper condition for the exam and also for future reference.
Important Guidelines for the Exam
IGNOU has mentioned some important guidelines for the candidates who wish to appear for the recruitment exam.
- You should carry 4 prints of the submitted application form in the exam hall.
- Also, you must carry the print form of the fee payment receipt.
- You should keep and carry at least 6 – 8 same passport size photographs that you have uploaded online during the submission of the application form.
- Do not forget to carry at least 2 – 3 copies of the admit card.
The exam for both positions will take place on 24th January 2021. It is going to be 3 hours of paper with a maximum mark of 200. The exams should start at 9 am and will end at 12 noon.
The question paper will be based on Objective type questions and will be divided into two parts. The first part that is Part A will be common for both the positions and that will be 50 questions from General Studies. This section will carry a total of 50 marks.
Now for the position of Assistant Registrar, section B will have 150 questions from Educational Administration and Management. For the position of Security Officer again, the section will have 150 questions from the security profession. In either of the cases, section B will have a total of 150 marks.
For both the positions, while a correct answer will offer the candidates with 1 mark, a negative answer will lead to a deduction of 0.25 marks. Hence, you should make sure that you answer a question only you are very much sure about it.
If you are about to appear for the exam, you should have proper knowledge of the syllabus.
- General Studies:
The General Studies for the position of Assistant Registrar should cover up the topics of General Science, Current Events, History, Geography, Mental Ability, Politics, and so on.
The General Studies for Security Officer will expand a bit more and will cover up the topics of Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General Awareness, Computer Awareness, Distance Learning, General English, and Hindi.
- Educational Administration and Management
Candidates who are appearing for the position of Assistant Registrar will have this segment for section B. This will cover up the topics of Education System, Personal Administration, Financial Administration, Information Communication Technology, and others.
Candidates who are appearing for security officers have to cover topics such as materials security, physical security, fire fighting, anti-terrorism, campus security, and many others.
The Selection Procedure
After you have submitted the application form online and have appeared for the exam, you will be called for the final interview based on two important factors.
- If your name is on the merit list for the exam.
- If all your documents submitted by you are approved.
The University has mentioned in its circular that strict action will be taken against those candidates who will submit incorrect or false information through the documents. Hence, candidates are requested to provide the legal and correct documentation and information while submitting the application form for the recruitment examination.
The interview of the candidate will be based on different topics such as the advertised position as well as the personality of the candidate. There can be also questions about co-curricular activities and other topics to judge the overall capability of the candidates.
Only the candidates who pass through all these stages will be provided a letter of approval and joining.
IGNOU is quite a reputed name in the category of Open Universities in India. Not just in India, it has got its fame across the world now. A lot of students take pride in completing their education at this university. Now the university has also thrown open the opportunity for the candidates who wish to serve the University. If you think that you are capable enough to be a part of this esteemed group, you should make sure to apply for the exam before 31st January and prepare hard for the exam. If you crack through the exam and the interview, a lucrative job opportunity and a handsome salary package are all that you fetch.