IGNOU BSc Chemistry Syllabus – Candidates can find latest session Syllabus Structure for BSc Chemistry Programme from here. IGNOU New BSc Chemistry Syllabus is available with credit system in which each of the courses is given appropriate credit. IGNOU has implemented credit system in BSc Chemistry courses which is useful for course selection at the time of taking admission and for re registration.
BSc Chemistry Candidates have to choose their required credit courses at every semester or at every year to complete their Bachelor in Science in Chemistry Programme. There are many courses available for BSc Chemistry course selection in which some of as a compulsory course and some of as an optional course.
BSc Chemistry Current Syllabus:
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|CHE-01||Atoms and Molecules||2|
|CHE-06||Organic Reaction Mechanism||4|
- CHE-1 is a pre-requisite for CHE-4, CHE-5 and CHE-10
- CHE-1 is a co-requisite for CHE-2
- CHE-2 is a pre-requisite for CHE-10
- CHE-5 is a co-requisite for CHE-6 and pre-requisite for CHE-9 & CHE-10
- CHE-1, 3L must be taken together
- CHE-7L, 8L must be taken together
- Since the Chemistry courses of IGNOU include quantitative techniques, we suggest that you take MTE 3, if you haven’t studied Mathematics up to the +2 level. It will help you to cope better with these courses
- For BSc Major or Honours Degree in Chemistry, candidates must choose total 48 credit worth courses within 3 year duration (16 credits each year).
IGNOU University is working regular to revise its Syllabus of IGNOU BSc Chemistry on the basis of future scope and removes its old syllabus. IGNOU may change or update BSc Chemistry Syllabus at any time they need so we work to provide latest syllabus structure to our BSc Chemistry candidates for their study.