IGNOU BSc Physics Syllabus – Candidates can find latest session Syllabus Structure for BSc Physics Programme from here. IGNOU New BSc Physics Syllabus is available with credit system in which each of the courses is given appropriate credit. IGNOU has implemented credit system in BSc Physics courses which is useful for course selection at the time of taking admission and for re registration.
BSc Physics Candidates have to choose their required credit courses at every semester or at every year to complete their Bachelor in Science in Physics Programme. There are many courses available for BSc Physics course selection in which some of as a compulsory course and some of as an optional course.
BSc Physics Current Syllabus:
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|BPHE-102||Oscillations and Waves||2|
|BPHE-104||Mathematical Methods in Physics-I||2|
|PHE-5||Mathematical Methods in Physics-II||2|
|BPHE-106||Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics||4|
|PHE-7||Electric and Magnetic Phenomena||4|
|PHE-10||Electrical Circuits and Electronics||4|
|PHE-13||Physics of Solids||4|
|PHE-14||Mathematical Methods in Physics-III||4|
|PHE-15||Astronomy and Astrophysics||4|
- BPHE-101, 102 must be taken together and BHHE-104, PHE-5 must be taken together
- BPHE-101, PHE-4 and PHE-5 are pre-requisite for PHE-11
- PHE-7 is a pre-requisite for PHE-16
- PHE-10 is a co-requisite for PHE-16
- BPHE-104 and PHE-5 are pre-requisite for PHE-14
- PHE-11 is pre-requisite for PHE-13
- For BSc Major or Honours Degree in Physics, candidates must choose total 48 credit worth courses within 3 year duration (16 credits each year).
IGNOU University is working regular to revise its Syllabus of IGNOU BSc Physics on the basis of future scope and removes its old syllabus. IGNOU may change or update BSc Physics Syllabus at any time they need so we work to provide latest syllabus structure to our BSc Physics candidates for their study.