IGNOU International Students – IGNOU University also offered its education and courses to international students who reside out of India or currently reside in India as NRI. IGNOU has expanded its distance learning across the world. IGNOU is now offering various programs in many overseas countries by establishing international study centres across overseas countries. More and more international students can now learn from IGNOU University and complete their studies with it.
There are many IGNOU Courses now offered in the overseas centre of IGNOU and many of the candidates have successfully completed their programme from overseas centres of the university. IGNOU has collaborated with many of the institutes to create a partnership with them to offer various IGNOU Degree programs and provide them with the best student support, learning, admission counseling, convenient exam centre, and much more.
List of Overseas Countries Offering IGNOU Programs
IGNOU Courses 2023 for International Students
As of the year 2023, the university is currently offering 150+ programs for students who get admitted to the overseas study centres of IGNOU. However, foreign students residing in India may have the option to choose the program from the list of 200+ academic programs. The programs are offered at various levels including Master’s Degrees, Bachelor’s Degrees, diplomas, and Certificate Levels. You can check the complete list of courses.
- IGNOU Offered Courses at Overseas Study Centres
- IGNOU Offered Courses for Foreign Students Residing in India
IGNOU International Student Admission 2023
Candidates who reside out of India can also apply for admission to IGNOU by the online procedure that was earlier possible through offline procedure only. Students can collect IGNOU Prospectus from the nearest partner institute of IGNOU. You have to fill out that form and submit it to the regional centre (IGNOU partner institute) back with the required fees. Earlier, IGNOU Admission by the online method was not available for international students but now they can apply through an online procedure.
IGNOU Admission Procedure for International Students
IGNOU International candidates who reside in India can take admission through IGNOU Online Admission Procedure. So you don’t have to visit your nearest IGNOU Regional Centre and you can also download IGNOU Online Prospectus for International Students online without paying any fees for it. IGNOU Offline Application Form is also available with the prospectus so fill that form and submit it to centre if you are applying in a partner institute of IGNOU.
Guidelines for IGNOU Overseas Study Centres
If you are an international student residing out of India so please read the below guidelines carefully.
- If your application form is incomplete and filled with mistakes then it will be rejected by the university without any notice. Candidates have to send their application form for Registration of Re-Registration only to IGNOU Partner institutions. For getting admission in the July session submit the form before 30th April and for the January session submit the form before 31st
- Students can also get admission in 6 months duration certificate programme who already enrolled in another programme of a duration of 1-year or more.
- Once paid fees will not refundable but if the university rejects that application then fees will be refunded to the particular student
- Students can change their course/elective within 30 days. The request must be sent to IGNOU Director, International Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068
- The program cannot be changeable
Guidelines for IGNOU International Students Residing in India
- Candidates can apply only for those programs available in the Offered Courses for Foreign Students Residing in India.
- International learners have to produce Study Visa compulsory
- Obtain and submit a No Objection certificate from the concerned embassy
- Candidates have to pay their fees online by choosing one of the available payment methods by applying through the online admission portal.
- Once paid fees will not refundable in any circumstance
IGNOU Fee Structure 2023 for International Students
IGNOU International students have to pay international fees to IGNOU. They also have to pay other fees like Exams, Other charges in international fees. Candidates can check everything about charges from IGNOU Fees Structure. Here, you will be able to find complete details of the fee structure of International students who reside in India or else anywhere in the IGNOU partner institute country.
IGNOU Overseas Study Centres 2023
For getting admission from IGNOU Overseas Centres, candidates can check below the list of Partner Institutes. Find the nearest overseas centre and touch with them for getting admission or to complete your study with them. Student needs to connect with study centres for their study-related action like assignments, project, synopsis, and more which are done through study centres.
IGNOU Examination of International Students
Candidates have to submit their TEE Exam form before the given deadline to appear in the either TEE June Session or the TEE Dec session. The students have to submit their examination form to the international division of India or concerned overseas study centres only to get eligible to appear in the examination.
1) The students who registered with one of the overseas study centre of IGNOU and give examinations there have to pay the below examination fees at the time apply for the TEE Exam. The below fee structure is also applicable for foreign students residing in India who registered in IGNOU at Indian study centres.
- INR 500 (SAARC Countries)
- USD 20 (Non-Saarc Countries)
2) Students who registered with the overseas study centre and want to take an examination at another overseas centre so they have to pay below fees for TEE exam.
- USD 80 per course (1st Attempt)
- USD 150 per course (2nd Attempt)
- No Permission for 3rd Attempt
3) The students who registered with the overseas study centre and want to take an examination in India have to pay the below fees for TEE.
- INR 500 per course + INR 1500 Administrative Fee (SAARC Countries)
- INR 500 per course + USD 40 Administrative Fee (Non-SAARC Countries)
Degree Certificate for IGNOU International Students
Candidates can obtain their degree certificate after completion of the programme from India or the partner institute by paying USD 20 (non-SAARC Countries) and INR 1000 (SAARC Countries). If there is no partner institute operating from where you want to get your degree certificate then you have to send your degree fees to The Director, International Division, Block 15, Section K, 2nd Floor, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi. The below documents also need to submit with fees.
- You also need to submit your Degree fees with DD (the favor of IGNOU payable at New Delhi)
- ID Card of IGNOU (Original)
- Copy of Self-sign passport copy
Change of Centre (India to OSC or OSC to India)
If students want to transfer from India to any other country or want to transfer from an overseas study centre to India then they can continue their studies if the IGNOU partner institute is available in the country where you transferring. But we advise all candidates that they first check whether their selected programme is offered by an overseas partner institute or not. If available then you can complete your study from abroad country. International students who transferred from abroad to India then they can also complete their studies without any drop.
It is noted that transfer fees will be charged to students transferring from one centre to another. Therefore, below is the applicable fees structure for those students who want to transfer from one place to another.
- INR 2500 (SAARC Countries)
- USD 120 (Non-SAARC Countries)
We hope that the FSRI as well as Overseas students have found enough information from this section to smoothly complete their studies with IGNOU. If you have any queries related to this page then feel free to comment below.