Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has embarked on its journey since the year 1985. It started as a National Open University for imparting a higher level of education to all who are eager to study but are unable to do so for some cause. Every so often, money is the factor, while in the rest of the cases, family responsibilities or lack of time are the clutches. The grounds can be many; however, to trounce them, IGNOU is a benefactor. The two foremost issues, high fees, and time frames are marvelously handled by this institute.
Latest Happening at IGNOU University
- IGNOU Date Sheet June 2020 Released
- IGNOU Hall Ticket 2020 Released Now
- IGNOU Result June 2020 Release Date
- IGNOU Exam Form Dec 2020 Dates
IGNOU does neither need an introduction or a welcoming note as it holds the capability to stand as dignified distant education. Not only in India, but IGNOU has successfully made its space in the field of distance education all over the world. With the rise of popularity, students within and across the borders are showing interest in pursuing their education from IGNOU.
Together with, today, IGNOU has an unimaginable success rate, and below is the picture. If you are still not satisfied with the virtue of this institute then, the latest news will astonish you.
Recently, a 93-year-old student has completed a Master’s degree from IGNOU and created a sensation all over. His future plan is to get enrolled for subsequent short term courses.
You Might Also Like To Read:
- Is IGNOU Degree Valid?
- IGNOU Admission 2020
- IGNOU Prospectus 2020
- IGNOU Latest Assignments 2020-21
- IGNOU Student Login 2020
- IGNOU Student Zone
Overview of IGNOU
IGNOU or Indira Gandhi Open National University has been delivering higher education through distance and open learning. It came into existence through the Parliament Act 1985 under the Human Resource and Development Ministry. This university, without any doubt, is among the top-rated distance education platforms in the entire nation. Furthermore, with an enormous number of regional centers and experienced faculty, it has productively reached all over the world. With time, it’s GER or the Gross Enrolment Ratio has increased tremendously, revealing the popularity and how it is helping for the benefit of the students.
Operation of IGNOU
|Operating Areas||Counting Numbers|
|School Of Studies||21|
|Learning Support Center||2667|
Purpose of IGNOU
Every institution is established with a purpose behind and works hard to accomplish it. Likewise, this distance education university has brought a revolution in the life of the people who fail to finish their education for any reason.
- The aim of the institution is to offer education of high level to everyone from the society even to the underprivileged sections as well.
- The education system delivered in this institution is carried out with new and innovative technologies at all the given levels at a defined fee cost.
- The course programs include training sessions, high-end methodology, advanced training in the midst of promoting open learning.
The Selection Procedure in IGNOU
There is no end of degrees being offered by IGNOU for all the students across the world. Well, in this set-up, the primary thing that knocks the mind is associated with the admission process and subsequent tasks. So, let us first understand the admission process; with this, you can easily get the work done in a few minutes only.
Starting ahead, we would like to tell you that, admissions in this university are carried out by two processes –
- Entrance Examination
We also want to clarify that the majority of the courses have a direct method to get successfully admitted while just a few courses have an entrance exam to become eligible for taking admission in IGNOU. The university currently conducting IGNOU Openmat Entrance Exam for the MBA program, IGNOU Bed entrance exam for taking admission in Bed course, and IGNOU PhD entrance exam to take admission in your interested PhD program.
Also, the admission form of the university can be submitted both through online and offline mode. You can get the offline form from the regional department of the IGNOU, whereas the online form will be available on the website only. Compared to the hard copy, it is always advised to pick the online method for IGNOU admission. The reason is support for this is the process is rapid and will not create any mess.
The Process of Admission for the Fresh Students
- You need first to take a step towards the website of IGNOU
- The main page will consist of several tabs, search for Register Online and the proceed with the Admission link
- Start with the process of registration as mentioned by filling the information like name, gender, email id, user name, password, etc. plus secure code as displayed and click on Submit.
- At this step, you are set with the registration, so kindly login and begin with the filling of the application form of the selected course.
- Enter the documents stated in the online application form in scanned format within 10KB size
- Pay the amount of application fee, which might range between 200-400 and so on.
- Here, you will receive a control number, once the payment has been completed.
Save the control number and take a print out of the submitted application form with you.
Courses Offered in IGNOU
Even past from history, IGNOU has been endeavoring for the betterment of the students. For this fact, it has acted towards bringing fresh courses every time as per the necessity and advancement. It is one of the most trusted and unsurpassed distance education platforms where every student will get to select the courses as per their career preference. From getting a degree to a certificate, anything can be possible here with incredible quality. In short, in IGNOU, you can proceed with the Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, advanced and Ph.D. courses, and other IGNOU courses. But for this, you will have to meet the eligibility criteria.
- Suppose your target is to achieve a bachelor’s degree, then a 10+2 passing certificate with 50% marks (minimum) will be required.
- While for the Master’s program, you will have to furnish a Bachelor’s degree and 50% marks (minimum).
It is recommended to considerably validate the eligibility structure of the course individually for conformation and to avoid confusion if any.
List of Other Courses Studied in the University
Apart from the ones that are mentioned above; check out for what are the additional courses to study –
- PG Certificate
- PG and Advance Diploma
- Doctoral Degree
- Certificate Course
- Non-Credit Programmes
- Appreciation Programmes
- Awareness Programmes
New Certificate Courses Launched by IGNOU
If you are planning to attend the 2020 admission phase of the university, then a peek in the new courses is a must. As per the latest news, the university will be commencing the three new certificate course that is listed below
- Certificate Course in the Arabic language
- Certificate Course in the Russian Language
- Certificate Course in Tourism Studies
The eligibility of the above course is the student must have a 10+2 certificate and the majority of the courses have no age bar but in some of the courses have an age requirement of a minimum of 18 years. Seeing closely, the intention behind launching the courses is to help the students in broadening their career graph. Plus these days, they are keen on learning new languages too. Therefore, the time duration of these certificate courses follows from 6 months to 1 year.
Added to these courses, IGNOU has introduced more courses like
The objective of bringing the courses is to aid the student with a full-time career in their respective field. Eligibility and time duration varies from course type along with the fees.
Note – The courses have already started from session January 2020, so if you are reading this blog and are interested, then get the admissions done.
IGNOU Fees Structure 2020
As we have already discussed the full range of courses being taught in the university, so it evident the fees will vary. To giving a generic idea, the fees range from 1200 to 2500 Rs as per the course. Well, it is not mandatory to submit the fees at one time. Students can pay the fees year or semester wise. Unless or otherwise, if the candidate fails in submitting the entire course fee, he or she might be restricted from writing the examination.
Scholarship Programs of IGNOU
IGNOU scholarship plans are open for all, but there are certain restrictions. Many students find it confronting to sustain education, and the reason is fee submission. Rather the fees of IGNOU are reasonable since many lacks behind. As per the aims and objectives of IGNOU, no student should be restricted from gaining a higher level of education. Hence, all the students who are eligible for the scholarship plans plus the disabled ones must fill the respective form well-timed.
Also Read – IGNOU Fee Reimbursement for SC/ST
Who are Exempted from the Scholarship Plans of IGNOU?
- SC/ST students who are already doing some job or are employed
- Certificate and diploma students
- Students having scholarship under any other program
The candidates who are differently-abled can apply for the scholarship plans. To gain the scholarship,
- The candidate needs to be an Indian
- The expected monthly income of the parent should be 3 lakh per annum or less
To fill the scholarship form, the responsibility lies on the students. The entire process will be performed online. To gather more information, Annexure – 1 will do the purpose. If you have registered for an earlier year, then it will be compulsory to get the re-registration done for the consecutive year.
Celebrity Students from IGNOU
This section will surely raise your eyebrows, and it is because of the list of some exceptional students that we are about to share. So, have a glance at the notable alumni –
- Deepika Padukone – A well-known actress of Bollywood joined the university in BA Sociology and later left the course because of her career.
- Himanshu Kumar – He is an IAS officer who cracked the examination in one go, had taken admissions for MA in Public Administration.
- Ashok Khemka – He is a known economist and IAS officer, who has studied MA Economist from IGNOU.
Apart from these, many like Karthik Gurunathan Iyer, Sudipta Chakraborty are some of the prominent names in the record.
Facilities Obtainable by the Students of IGNOU
- Study Resources – Talking about the finest IGNOU study material that a student can garnish his course with comes from IGNOU. The books and all the content are supreme and are enough to score the best marks. Not only this, but these are also considered as supportive materials for many civil and governmental examination. Thus, any course for which you are thinking to enroll, the university will provide the books and materials.
- Placement Drive – You don’t have to roam outside in the offices for recruitment, as it will be handled by the active placement cell of IGNOU. From offline to online, the placement is for every student. Now, to know when and which company is coming for recruitment, all the students must check the website timely.
- Library – Every regional center of this university is entitled to use the library. It doesn’t matter whether you have taken admissions from online or offline mode, this facility is for you. So, reach out to the library with your identity card and make use of it. The IGNOU library is considered best for having the most exquisite collection of books.
- Faculty – Studying in IGNOU now has credibility compared to any accredited institute of India. Right from the books to classes, everything is beautifully handled by the distinguished team of teaching faculty. Plus, they work on the upgrading of study materials, evaluation systems, and various other aspects of the university.
- Students Grievances Redressal Forum – A student might have queries or complaints, and there is nothing wrong about it either. Keeping the same into consideration, a separate forum has been installed by the university. The students can freely come forward and get their problems solved by the experts.
In the final statement, it is easy to articulate that studying in IGNOU will not turn out as a wrong decision for anyone. The validity of the degree, diploma, certificate, etc. is equal to that of an accredited college, university, or institute of India. Perhaps, if your eyes are on distance education, then it would be right if you are not wasting time on thinking. The best thing is, this university has adopted digitalization to supreme, which spells you will get all the benefits of it. Grooving more, IGNOU fee structure is highly affordable with installment and scholarship solution. The website of IGNOU consolidates each and every information on this prospectus. From submitting the application forms, downloading books, latest updates, nothing will be missed. Stay attached to the IGNOUHelp for all the current news.
Frequently Asked Questions of IGNOU
Is IGNOU recognized by UGC?
Yes. It is recognized by UGC and following the guidelines of it.
Is IGNOU a Government University?
Yes, It is public university run by the central government.
Is there any regular classes in IGNOU
IGNOU Theory Classes are not compulsory but practicals are mandatory to attend
Are IGNOU Exams Tough?
It is depend on your preparation so if you prepare well then nothing is tough.
Is IGNOU Degree Valid?
Yes. It is valid in India as well as in the World.
Is IGNOU Offering Job Placement at the Campus?
Yes, IGNOU held placement cell at Main Campus, New Delhi.