As we all know that, IGNOU is now the world’s largest university with nearly 4 million students. Indira Gandhi National Open University which is formerly known as IGNOU was established in 1985. IGNOU is promoting and developing distance learning across India and offering higher education by taking it to the doorsteps of the learners.
Total Students: Nearly 40 lakhs (till Jan 2018 session)
Student Registered in Jan 2018 session: 3, 94,897 (Nearly 4 lakhs)
Academic Programmes on offer: 232
School of Studies: 21
Regional Centres: 67
Students Learner Support Centres: 3000
Number of Overseas Centres (15 countries): 29
Academic Counsellors (Approx): 33212
IGNOU Staff Strength:
– Teachers and Academics: 287/262
– Administrative and Technical: 1010/429
- Declaration of IGNOU Term End Result within 45 days.
- UNESCO declared IGNOU as the largest institution of higher learning in the world in 2010.
- Student enrolment has doubled in four years from 1.5 million to around 3 million.
- High quality education to all
- Flexible Admission Rules and Conditions
- Cost Effective Courses
- International Jurisdiction
- Offering need based Academic Programmes
- Nationwide Learner Support Services Network
More and more students are now enrolling in IGNOU University at every session to complete their further studies through distance education.