IGNOU Improvement Exam – After the declaration of the most recent term-end examination result for June 2019 session, we have received a lot of queries from IGNOU Students regarding IGNOU Improvement Examination. We try our best to resolve all your questions regarding IGNOU Improvement Examination, Procedure, Fees, Form, Eligibility and a lot more.
First of we would like to introduce the improvement system in IGNOU University so that every student can understand it in a better manner. Improvement facility works like a tonic for those students who missed their division just because of a few lesser marks so improvement facility helps them to score additional marking to achieve their dream division.
Can I give Improvement Exam in IGNOU?
Yes, you can give Improvement Examination at the IGNOU University if you’re unsatisfied with your examination result or want to increase the marks in a particular subject. So it is the best chance and opportunity for those students who want to increase the overall percentage and grade in their final mark sheet for the admitted program.
What is Division Improvement?
If any candidates from IGNOU who scored just 2% lesser marks to secure the 1st Division or 2nd Division in the Master or Bachelor degree then he/she has an opportunity to secure the 1st Division or 2nd Division by IGNOU Improvement Examination.
IGNOU Improvement Form
The procedure for improvement is currently available only through offline mod so interested candidates have to download the application form from the given link and submit it to IGNOU Delhi at a given address.
Address for Submission of Improvement Form:
Student Evaluation Division,
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU),
Block-12, Maidan Garhi,
Important Dates for Submission of IGNOU Improvement Form
If any candidates want to appear in the June term end examination then he/she must submit their improvement exam form between 1st April to 30th April to the concerned department of IGNOU University. And if any candidate wants to appear in December TEE then he/she should submit their improvement form between 1st October to 31st October. Late Application form after the given deadline will not acceptable so candidates have to submit the form before the due date to prevent from future issue.
IGNOU Improvement Fees
- Rs. 750 per subject (Students from India)
- Rs. 2000 per subject (SAARC Countries)
- USD 60 per subject (Non SAARC Countries)
Candidates have to pay the requisite fees through Demand Draft which must be made in favor of IGNOU payable at New Delhi.
Things to Consider while Applying of Improvement in IGNOU
- IGNOU Improvement facility is available only for one time
- The improvement facility is available only for theory subjects or papers
- The improvement facility is limited to Master Degree and Bachelor Degree courses only
- The better marks will be taken into consideration while updating IGNOU Result and IGNOU Grade Card
- The program must be completed
- The student will not eligible to apply for improvement if the admission as well as re admission expired
- Candidates have to apply for improvement only within 6 months after the final result.
If you want to know further information regarding improvement or has any query related to the examination then you can ask your question by commenting below.