IGNOU Official Transcript – The Transcript is a document that is the student’s academic record contains a list of courses that you have taken, the credits you earned, the exam which you passed and grades. It is a legal document which is delivered in a sealed envelope and should not be opened by anyone except the addressee. It is needed when you plan for further study abroad and most of the universities are consider it for enrollment by knowing the past performance of a particular student.
IGNOU University provides the facility for the issue of official transcripts on request made by the candidates by submitting an application form to IGNOU New Delhi to the respected section.
Address: Registrar, Student Evaluation Division(SED), Block 12, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068
- Each photocopy of the certificate is chargeable
- The students are required to enclose the same number of legible photocopies of both sides of the statement of Marks-sheet/Grade Card/Provisional Certificate and Degree Certificate etc. issued to them, as the number of transcripts is required
- Demand draft of required fees should be reached to this Division prior to 60 days or earlier from the expiry of the same demand draft for the smooth transaction with the bank.
- If the candidate has applied for Official Transcript and wants to collect it personally from the Section Officer, Exam.-III Section of SED, Block-12, Room No.-10, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068 (India) then He/She is required to mention such information & Mobile No. under Point No.10
- IGNOU University has been dispatching the “Official-Transcripts” under sealed envelope through Indian Speed Post Services and the normally, the Exam-III Section of SED takes minimum 15 days for the issuance the Official Transcript after receiving the Application Form of the student at this Section but dispatching time depends on furnishing the Verification report by another section and circumstances surrounding the case
- Candidates can inquire for the status on Telephone No. 011-29572210 and it must be made between Monday to Friday during Office hours after 15 to 25 days of receiving the Application Form at this Section
Fees for the Issue of IGNOU Official Transcript:
- INR 300/- per transcript for Indian Students, if the transcript is required to be sent to the candidate within India
- INR 500/- per transcript for Indian Students, if the transcript is required to be sent to the candidate outside India
- INR 600/- per transcript for students of SAARC countries, if the transcript is required to be sent to the candidate inside India
- INR 1200/- per transcript for the students of SAARC Countries, if the transcript is required to be sent to the student outside of India
- USD 60 per transcript for the students of Non-SAARC countries, if the transcript is required to be sent to the student inside India
- USD 120 per transcript for the students of Non-SAARC countries, if the transcript is required to be sent to the student outside India
Payment Mode – Candidates have to pay required fees through demand draft and it must be drawn in favor of IGNOU payable at New Delhi.
Imprtant Note – If candidates want to send the transcript to a particular institute other than residence address then candidates have to write the complete address of said institute, university or company so that it can reach the correct address.