How to Take Admission in IGNOU? – Here you will get to know the detailed guide and procedure for taking admission to IGNOU. Indira Gandhi National Open University provides education not limited to India only but is now spread to many parts of the world. Now lakhs of students are enrolling in IGNOU every year for its academic courses in January as well as July session of admission. We are here to provide complete instructions to all new or fresh students that How to get Admission to IGNOU University.
Modes of IGNOU Admission 2022
As of now, there are two modes or methods are available to get admission to IGNOU in your selected program.
- Online: In Online Admission, Candidates have to fill out their Application Form through Online using IGNOU Online Admission portal
- Offline: In this method, candidates have to get IGNOU Prospectus with application form from IGNOU authorized Regional Centre and submit it after filling the complete form.
Important Note – It is noted that the offline method is now available for selected programs only therefore you are requested to go for an online method to get admitted to IGNOU University
How to Apply Online for IGNOU Admission?
Before starting IGNOU online registration process, we request all candidates to first keep the scanned copies of all required documents with you that are given in the 3rd step for a faster and smoother process of IGNOU Admission.
- First, Candidates have to go to the IGNOU Online Admission Portal for Registration as a New User.
- Candidates have to enter some necessary information while registering themselves at the online registration portal like a Unique username, Applicant’s Name, Email Address, Mobile Number, Password, and correct captcha code to get successfully registered.
- After clicking on the register button, your login username will be sent to you via your registered email address and mobile number so use the correct email address and mobile number at the time of filling out the form. Save your username and password in a safe place or remember them for future login.
- After login to the portal, now time to fill out your online application form for IGNOU
- Fill up all your information carefully like your Personal Details, Education Qualification, Experience, Course details, etc which is requested by IGNOU
- You have to Upload the required documents at the time of Filling out your Application Form which is given below
- Passport Size Photo of the Candidates
- Scanned Signature
- Age Proof Scanned Copy
- Education Qualification Copy
- Experience Certificate Copy (If required)
- Category Certificate Copy (For SC/ST/OBC)
- BPL Certificate Copy
- After the complete procedure of documentation, the next step is the payment of fees. You can pay your fees Online by any of the below methods
- Credit Card/Debit Card
- Internet Banking
- After successful payment of your fees, you will get a print preview so take a print of your form for future reference.
Also Read: IGNOU Admission Status 2022
Size Limit of Uploading of Documents: Candidates have to upload a scanned copy of the passport size photo and signature below 100 KB each. The maximum acceptable size for the required documents like Scanned Copy of Marksheet and other Educational Certificates, Age Proof, and Category Certificate is 200 KB each.
If candidates have provided any incorrect information to the IGNOU Admission department then the application for the said candidates will be rejected by IGNOU University.