How to Take Admission in IGNOU? – Here you will get to know the detailed guide and procedure for taking admission to IGNOU. Indira Gandhi National Open University provides education not limited to India only but is now spread to many parts of the world. Now lakhs of students are enrolling in IGNOU every year for its academic courses in January as well as July session of admission. We are here to provide complete instructions to all new or fresh students that How to get Admission to IGNOU University.
Modes of IGNOU Admission 2023
As of now, there are two modes or methods available to get admission to IGNOU in your selected program.
- Online: In Online Admission, Candidates have to fill out their Application Form through Online using the IGNOU Online Admission portal
- Offline: In this method, candidates have to get IGNOU Prospectus with an application form from IGNOU authorized Regional Centre and submit it after filling out the complete form.
Important Note – It is noted that the offline method is now available for selected programs only therefore you are requested to go for an online method to get admitted to IGNOU University
How to Apply Online for IGNOU Admission?
Before starting IGNOU online registration process, we request all candidates to first keep the scanned copies of all required documents with you that are given in the 3rd step for a faster and smoother process of IGNOU Admission.
- First, Candidates have to go to the IGNOU Online Admission Portal to Registration as a New User.
- Candidates have to enter some necessary information while registering themselves at the online registration portal like a Unique username, Applicant’s Name, Email Address, Mobile Number, Password, and correct captcha code to get successfully registered.
- After clicking on the register button, your login username will be sent to you via your registered email address and mobile number so use the correct email address and mobile number at the time of filling out the form. Save your username and password in a safe place or remember them for future login.
- After login to the portal, now time to fill out your online application form for IGNOU
- Fill up all your information carefully like your Personal Details, Education Qualification, Experience, Course details, etc which is requested by IGNOU
- You have to Upload the required documents at the time of Filling out your Application Form which is given below
- Passport Size Photo of the Candidates
- Scanned Signature
- Age Proof Scanned Copy
- Education Qualification Copy
- Experience Certificate Copy (If required)
- Category Certificate Copy (For SC/ST/OBC)
- BPL Certificate Copy
- After the complete procedure of documentation, the next step is the payment of fees. You can pay your fees Online by any of the below methods
- Credit Card/Debit Card
- Internet Banking
- After successful payment of your fees, you will get a print preview so take a print of your form for future reference.
Also Read: IGNOU Admission Status 2023
Size Limit of Uploading of Documents: Candidates have to upload a scanned copy of the passport size photo and signature below 100 KB each. The maximum acceptable size for the required documents like Scanned Copy of Marksheet and other Educational Certificates, Age Proof, and Category Certificate is 200 KB each.
If candidates have provided any incorrect information to the IGNOU Admission department then the application for the said candidates will be rejected by IGNOU University.
21 thoughts on “How to Take Admission in IGNOU – A Detailed Process & Instructions”
requested to need pgdem course structure
I have completed my graduation in 2014 and got 46% percent marks in science stream. I am eligible for taking admission in msc in organic chemistry.
I want to take admission in pgdhe course under ignou in Assam. What is the procedure and fee, term details? Kindly allow me to known.
Sir I want to do post basic nursing I have done General nursing and midwifery from command hospital chandimandir. I want to admission/ registration in this season July 2017. Pl send format and procedures so that I can apply
I have not completed 12th exam and want to enroll for BPP. Please provide link for online admission
sir, what is experience certificate
Please tell me about challen fees for admission MA in Education
i am not able to find any UG course online admission drop down menu. how to apply online for it?
Hi. Can i use my 12th class digital marksheet provided by CBSE through Digilocker to take admission in BA? I lost my physical marksheet.
I’m 10th passed 15 years old student.
I want to admision in CIT, But online application has been not submitted by website issue is age.
So please solve my problem.
I reside outside india and would like to enrol for IGNOU courses but my phone number is not being accepted for online registration as it accepts only india phone number hence my application cannot be done. Pl help.
Sir, I took admission in December for July 2020… that time we didn’t get our marksheet from university….now when I got it & I uploaded it ….it showed that all discrepancy is cleared…then after some time it showed your admission got cancelled…. please help
I WANT TO DO DIPLOMA IN RETAIL MANAGEMENT.
I COMPLETED MY 12TH. BUT I DONE 1ST YEAR DEGREE(SOME SUBJECTS BACK LOG) AFTER THAT I DISCONTINUED MY STUDIES. MY QUESTION IS THAT, WILL I BE ELIGIBLE FOR DIPLOMA ?
SO PLZ, SUGGEST ME THE PROCEDURE
Will the university at Chikkadapally open tomorrow as doubts to be cleared. What is the last date for joining the online diploma course in nutrition .
I want to admission in M.Sc.(chemistry ),tell me total course fees , last date of admission, about study material , if there is study centre with the course of chemistry in purba Medinipur,W.B.
Are admissions for diploma in nutrition open for July 2021
But 12th result is not declared and form is not proceeding further without filling 12th details what can I do ?
how to cancel online admission? cancel admission mode is disabled here. last date of closing application is 15 july 2021
my certificate not received
I want to admission in b.com but I have passed 12th in 2011 . can I fill the form of ignou in b.com first year now.
I would like to do post Bsc nursing ,so next admission when is please inform me.thank you!