How to Change IGNOU Regional Centre & Study Centre

The student can select nearest Regional Centre at the time of taking admission in IGNOU. Candidates have choice to select regional centre as well as study centre as per their choice but it is noted that both must be offered your interested course.

How to Change IGNOU Study Centre

After taking admission in IGNOU, The printed performa with programme guide is send to students at their address. Candidates have to use that performa, fill it and send it to the Regional Director at your Regional Centre. Candidates have to note that counseling facilities are not available at every study centre for all courses so before making any changes, students are advised to make sure that counselling facilities are available for their course at new study centre.

Allocation of students is depending on the availability of seat for the programme at the new study centre. Candidates cannot change their study centre before confirmation of admission from IGNOU. Change of IGNOU Study Centre is not permissible in those courses where practical components are involved.

How to Change IGNOU Regional Centre

If student is transferring from current region to another region then he/she can apply for change of Regional Centre. The request must be addressed to the current regional centre from where he/she wants to transfer to new regional centre. A student has to obtain a certificate from their current study centre from where he/she is seeking transfer regarding the number of submitted assignments. The current IGNOU Regional Centre will be transfer student’s data to the new regional centre which including payment of fees.

If candidate have practical subjects in their programme then he/she must obtained “No Objection Certificate” from concerned regional centre as well as study centre where student wants to transfer.

A student who wants to transfer from Air Force/Navy/Army Regional Centre to another regional centre then he/she have to pay fee-share money to the Regional Centre. If student transfer its regional centre at the beginning of the programme session then he/she has to pay required programme fee for the session at the regional centre. The student can transfer to overseas study centre only after six month of registration or after submission of assignment of first year or semester for course of one year duration or longer.

4 thoughts on “How to Change IGNOU Regional Centre & Study Centre”

  1. I am transferred to Mumbai, I have not submitted assignments nor answer my exams, now what is the procedure to change my regional centre?

  2. After submitting assignments, can I change my ignou Regional centre & Study centre from one state to another state without going to the study centre & Regional centre?
    If it is possible then how much time it will take?
    Please answer me as soon as possible

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *