IGNOU Address Change & Correction of Name

IGNOU Address and Name Correction Procedure – IGNOU Student can change or correct their address and name in their academic database by given instructions. The printed performa for the address change is sent the students along with the first set of IGNOU Study Material. If a candidate is transferred to another address or if any corrections needed in the address then they can submit this letter to correct or change the address.

IGNOU Address Change Procedure

The student has to use provided performa and programme guide and it must be sent to IGNOU Regional Centre which they selected at the time of enrollment in the university. They will make necessary changes in the database and will be updated to the Registrar, SED (Student Registration Division), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi. Candidate cannot make or send a direct request to SRD, New Delhi or any other regional centre of IGNOU.

IGNOU Name Change or Correction Procedure

If the candidate comes to know that there is a mistake in their name while checking their registration status then candidates have to correct the mistake soon to prevent from issues in future. For correction in the spelling of the name, candidates have to attach an attested photocopy of 10th class Certificate. Candidates can also download application form from online if he/she has lost or misplaced the provide performa and programme guide.

Download Application Form for Change of Address/Correction of Name

Candidates are requested to not write any letter to other officers of IGNOU University and it must send concerned RC only. Normally it takes 4 to 6 weeks to take effect the change of new address at student’s database. The student is requested to keep checking their  IGNOU Admission Status to find the changes for which you had applied.

33 thoughts on “IGNOU Address Change & Correction of Name”

    1. Maine July 2019 me mcom me admission liya he Lekin me apne name me surname likhna bhul gyi thi to ab me kya karu

      1. My name is Tejasvi Sood and it appears in my examination form for ignou as Tejasvi Mohan Sood.
        Please advice how to correct it.

    1. My name in by default coming F..My enrollment number is 187652056 ….My program is MCA…. correct name is JAIN RINKALBEN NARESHBHAI…. please help for change this

  1. It is mentioned in admission form that name should be as per educational certificate. But, I am pursuing higher education after marriage and hence my surname has changed. Also all my id proofs are in post marital names. Please advise which name to write in admission form.

  2. Sir my name is Abinash kumar what my name correction my name is on depolma Abhinash kumar please correct my name ser roll no 165470395 programming code BDP


  4. Dear Sir,
    My name is Dushyant Kumar Enrollment no 116001050 BDP
    I have completed Graduation B.com in 2017 But my address not corrects only one alphabet wrong . so can you correct the address in my mark sheet.

    1. My Enrollment no is 2001946151 (M.A Philosophy) My father’s Name is PARKASH SINGH. But it is printed on my admission status is….PÀ€RKASH SINGH. How can I correct it please reply on my mail id?

  5. I completed DCIM and ADCIM course in the year of December 2010, but I have received mark sheet,provisional certificate and convocation certificate mentioned December 2009 (wrongly mentioned completion year), instead of Dec’2010 and Dec’2009 was mentioned in the certificate.How can I get corrected certificate please reply on my mail id?

  6. My Name and address both are wrong , I informed my college administration but they did not change it what should I do ?

  7. My name is Tarun Tiwari I have
    Join in CCHN course enrollment no.200200971
    Exam form in incomplete address pls request my Complete address and. Name

  8. I have been graduated from IGNOU. My real name spelling is “Md Naushad Ansari” but the IGNOU has issued my name in the certificate as ” MD Noushad Ansari.

    How to make the correction?

    1. I am in Bcom 1st year before I am science student but I fill the form wrong and there I fill in main subject commerce

  9. Sir, I complete BA history Hons December 2020. but my name is wrong in my grade card. I send five times mail rcpatna regional center but not change my name in grade card. my name is JITU KUMAR.but grade card entry name is JITU KUMARI.plz sir any solution correction of name.

  10. I completed BA Philosophy in IGNOU in 2012. and got my grade card also. But my name is not correct. Now 8 years is completed but now i needed to correct the certificate. is it possible to correct my name and how can i correct my name now?

  11. what is the procedure to correct name in ignou course BHM because it is incorrect in my registration kindly provide some details regarding this issue.

  12. my name is saumya k e. but in the registration the name is soumya biju. i want to change the name to saumya k e. i didint get the entrolment number. i fill the form. how to send.

  13. My name is Vikash Kumar Sinha, I did my MCA in 2010. My name is incorrect in my MCA Certificate. They forget to add “H” – Vikas in my first name. How to correct this mistake. Your reply will be appreciated. I need to submit my MCA Certificate for verification. Thanks.

  14. maine name correction ke lie 18/02/2020 ko apply kiya tha jisme 500/- ki dd, application form, original mark sheet and affidavit sath me jama kiya tha jiska aaj ke date 06/03/2021 kuchh bhi ata pata nhi he jabki 6 month me ho jaega bole the ignou center me. ab me kya karu….?

  15. i correct my name from your office . i show in student profile that your name correction successfully. But when i got my marksheet and provision certificate i found that my name was incorrect. my roll no is 167078250. Course Name is Bachelor of Library and Information science. please give some suggestion how to get correct marksheet as well as provisional certificate.

  16. I Muhamed Rashid. C completed my M. Com in June 2014 from IGNOU (Enrolment Number:125946127). I was received my two year’s mark list and provisional certificate on right time with an error in name even though I had given all certificates at the time of registration. My name is ‘MUHAMED RASHID. C ‘as per my SSLC certificate and all other records. But it printed wrongly as ‘MOHAMMED RASHID’ in mark list and provisional certificate.
    To correct this error, I gave a request to IGNOU regional center Eranakulam on 29th January 2015. As per this request my name is corrected in computer records and received original certificate with correct name. A copy of corrected registration details and copies of all other documents are enclosed. Besides these I had sent number of mails to different departments of IGNOU including student’s evaluation division to correct this error. but I didn’t get proper solution.
    Now I am facing lot of issues due to this error. This is repeated in my M. Phil. certificate also which is completed from Bharathidasan University, Tamilnadu during 2018-19.
    Is it any solution for my issue?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *