IGNOU Admission July 2021 – The university has officially started its next admission cycle called July 2021 after the closing of the most recent admission session January 2021. The students don’t have to wait for any more to get enrolled in the upcoming July 2021 The starting of the current session was delayed due to a delay in the closing of the January 2021 admission session. The current admission session is now open for the academic session 2021-22 for all its offered programs.
Interested students can explore the latest admission procedure and important dates to get admission easily to the world’s largest and popular distance and open learning institute named IGNOU University. IGNOU July 2021 Admission session will be open only for those candidates who interested to take admission to this university as a distance program. The current session will be expected to run from June 2021 to the mid of September 2021.
You can Also Read:
- IGNOU Prospectus July 2021
- IGNOU Fee-Reimbursement 2021
- IGNOU Syllabus 2021
- IGNOU Courses 2021-22
- IGNOU Fees 2021
IGNOU Admission 2021-22
The admission is now open for all courses for the session July 2021 therefore interested candidates are requested to read the official announcement of July 2021 session admission to get enrolled online to IGNOU.
IGNOU Online Admission for the Session July 2021 is now open by the university. IGNOU Admission Last Date for Session July 2021 is 18th September 2021 for Indian Students as well as for International Students. We have already informed all students that the given last date might be the final date for taking admission in IGNOU thereafter no application will be accepted by the university either online or offline after a due date. If you missed the last session of January 2021 then you can apply to the ongoing session called July 2021 admission session.
Picking IGNOU for further education will never be the wrong choice. First of all, the degree attained from this institute is valid and considered equivalent to any accredited institute. Furthermore, it is a boon for the students who are unable to start or complete their education for any of the reasons.
Also Check: Is IGNOU Degree Valid for Job?
IGNOU has brought down a higher level of education to their doors within an affordable fee structure. Moreover, talking about the study materials, it would be hard to bring down IGNOU. The students who are diligently working for UPSC, Civil services, or any national examination put their fingers first on the study materials of IGNOU.
All the students who want to replenish their educational career through distant mode must take note of the admission process carried out in IGNOU. We have brought together the entire information for your reference.
IGNOU Provisional Admission 2021
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the university has decided to give an opportunity to the students to get admission in IGNOU on a provisional basis. The students can now take admission to any of the course of IGNOU by uploading the 2nd year or 5th semester marksheet of any bachelor degree program while taking online admission in IGNOU.
If you had completed 10+2 or its equivalent examination and awaiting the final marksheet can also take admission to IGNOU on a provisional basis.
The candidates who took admission on a provisional basis have to submit the leftover or required documents by the due date decided by IGNOU officials. The candidates who failed to submit the required documents may face the cancelation or rejection of admission.
IGNOU Admission Eligibility Criteria
IGNOU is one of the largest open universities in India, which is now functioning at international levels as well. If you are among those who want to pursue any educational course through IGNOU, then we will be helping you with the eligibility elements of all of them.
- Advanced certificate – The student should have a 10+2 certificate or any equivalent certificate from a recognized institute.
- Bachelor’s degree course – The student must hold 10 and 10+2 certificate
- Post-graduate diploma – The student should have finished the graduation course to proceed with the post-graduation diploma in the same stream.
- Master’s degree courses – The student should have completed a Bachelors course from an accredited university
- M.Phil courses – Students must have a Master’s degree with a score of 55% (minimum for general) while SC/ST/OBC candidates must have 50%.
- Ph.D. courses – The student must have either Master’s degree or M.Phil degree with 55% of the marking minimum.
Thus, you are fulfilling the eligibility criteria depending on the course you have chosen; get along with the admission process right away. For further information, you should download the brochure or prospectus of the respective course through the website of IGNOU.
Also Check: Is Two Degrees Together from IGNOU Valid?
In addition, students who desire to carry on with two educational degrees from IGNOU must make a note of this. IGNOU does not permit taking admission in two distance degree programs while it is permitted to join one regular degree program and one distance program at the same time. However, student can join for one degree and one certificate program at a time, therefore, try not to make this mistake.
When Should I Apply for Admission to IGNOU?
IGNOU is very generous in taking the admission and hereby conducts the admission cycle twice in a year.
- If you are joining in the month of January, then admission form filling can be submitted during November and January.
- On the other hand, the July cycle is also open for admission, and for this, the application will be constituted between May and August.
Now, the decision lies on your shoulder as to which admission cycle of IGNOU is suitable for you, and then act accordingly. It is also noted that the some of the courses are available for particular admission cycle only so you should check for the availability of course before making a decision for admission.
Available Methods for IGNOU Admission
Candidates can apply through the Online Admission mode which is easy and time-saving. If you want then you can register yourself to the Online Admission portal and fill your application form online and pay your fees with the online payment method.
If candidates want to follow offline procedures then they have to download IGNOU Prospectus from our site and submit their application form to IGNOU Regional Centre before the due date. Keep in mind that the offline method is available for a limited courses and only few regional centre centers are accepting offline applications.
Also Check: IGNOU Nearby Regional Centre
You can Download IGNOU Application Form from the IGNOU Prospectus if you want to go for the offline procedure and get a print of it, fill it and send it to IGNOU nearest regional centre and wait for Admission approval from them.
Download – IGNOU Prospectus July 2021
Does IGNOU conduct an entrance for its courses?
Not for all, but there are certain courses for which students have to go through the entrance examination for gluing their seats in IGNOU. Want to know, what they are, then take a look below –
- IGNOU OPENMAT entrance examination needs to be written by the students who want to pursue MBA or management courses in IGNOU.
- IGNOU Ph.D. Entrance Examination to take admission in IGNOU Ph.D. programs
- IGNOU Bed entrance exam is mandatory if you want to take admission to the IGNOU Bed program.
It is all, for the rest of the courses; IGNOU has shared the eligibility criteria acting as the requisite.
IGNOU Admission Last Date for July 2021
If you have a question like what is the last date of IGNOU admission 2021 then here is an answer to it. Candidates are requested to keep check regularly IGNOU Admission Last Date for July 2021 to get updated information with its important dates so that you don’t miss this session without registration.
July 2021 Session
IGNOU Online Admission Start Date
11th June 2021 (Official)
IGNOU Online Admission Last Date
18th September 2021 (Official)
Last Date with Late Fees
No Provision Now
IGNOU Online Courses Commencement Date
IGNOU Online Courses Exam Date
To be announced later
Note: IGNOU has released the last date for submission of the online application form so candidates are advised to keep check the important date section to get the latest updates about the extension of the last date. The given last date of Admission is applicable for All Master Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma, Certificate, and other programs.
IGNOU Admission for Online Courses 2021
IGNOU University has announced the online admission for 17 online programs so the students who wants to complete the program through online mode can now take fresh admission in the July 2021 session. The university is keep working on to increase the number of courses as an online mode so that more and more students will get benefited to complete their education through online mode.
IGNOU Online Courses Admission Procedure 2021
If you are interested in taking admission to IGNOU Online program then you have to register for particular courses through the online method. IGNOU Offline Admission method is not available for Online courses.
- First of all, Visit the link given for Online Admission July 2021
- Here, You have to click on New Registration Link to proceed ahead.
- Fill-up registration form including Username, Candidate’s Name, Email, Mobile Number, Password, Captcha Code and click on register to get successfully register for the portal
- Now, Login to the same portal again by entering your username and password which you selected at the time of registration
- Here, Candidates have to fill-up their complete application form online by choosing your interesting program from the list of available courses and enter all details like personal details, education qualification, etc
- Upload your latest passport size photo and signature
- Upload scanned copy of all your academic documents
- Click on the confirm button after verification of all information written on the online application form
- Now pay your admission fees online by selecting the convenient form of payment and you will get the confirmation message through SMS and email.
- Don’t forget to take a printout of your submitted application form for future reference.
IGNOU Admission for Distance Courses 2021
There are two options available for students for getting admission to the university. You can apply either through the Online method or Offline method. We always recommend applying through the online procedure which is a fast and time-saving method.
For Online Admission, You don’t have to visit any IGNOU Regional Centre for getting your admission done because the complete procedure will be done through online. The online method is 100% safe and easy to follow. Click the given link to apply Online in the July 2021 session.
How to Take Admission in IGNOU? If you have a question about this then you can check the steps by step procedure which we have updated in this section so you will get Admission easily.
IGNOU Admission for Fixed Learner Intake Programs
The university has now created a separate admission portal for 7 academic programs in which student have to pay the registration fees only at the time of submission of the application form. The university has a fixed seats for these programs so the students have to wait for the merit list to get admitted in these courses. The merit list will be declared on the basis of eligibility of a particular prgram and candidates have to keep check the IGNOU FLIP portal to check the declaration of merit.
List of IGNOU FLIP Courses
Registration Fees of IGNOU FLIP: Rs 400
The students who shirtlisted in the merit list will be communicated by the registered email address which you provided at the time of application to infom your to pay the program fees to confirm your admission to IGNOU. If you failed or missed to pay the program fees before the due date then your admission will be cancelled and your seat will be given to the next student in the merit list.
IGNOU Admission for International Students
The university has now started the online admission portal for overseas students including SAARC, Non-SAARC, NRI, and FSRI candidates who are interested to take admission to the IGNOU University. It is noted that the below portal is applicable for foreign candidates only so Indian residents should apply to the common admission portal.
How to Fill the IGNOU Admission Form 2021?
To secure a valid spot in IGNOU, every student has to go through the process of online admission form submission. If needed, the option of offline form filling is also there. In this section, we are going to share the step by step process of the Admission procedure to be followed in IGNOU.
- You have to start by connecting through this link to proceed with the registration
- To start the process, it is essential to have a user id and password, and for this, you need to create an account.
- The link named as Register Online will be there, click on it.
- Here you have to create a user name as well as a password. Also, don’t miss, the user name along with the password will reach you through SMS on the number you have provided.
- Now, you have to login again using the details to fill the form of admission.
- Check the program for which you are applying and then click on it.
- While filling the admission form of IGNOU, keep your focus on mentioning each and every detail with utmost consciousness to avoid any errors or delay.
- On the section of photograph and signature upload, the same in this format 100KB in size and JPG. Make sure the given specifications are met or else the upload process will get hindered.
- The declaration form will be seen on the screen, click on the checkbox after reading the details.
- It is the stage where you will get an extra chance to re-validate the data or details entered on the admission form. Hopefully, if you have made any mistakes, it is the best time to rectify them.
- Take the help of the online payment mode and carry on with the fee submission. The common ones are net banking, debit/credit card, etc.
- The payment of the fees will be considered successful, once you have received the SMS in your phone number. So, don’t be in a hurry and wait for it.
- Now, you will see a tab with Preview written on it; click on verify the form once again.
- It is recommended to take the hard copies of the submitted admission form because you will need them. Also, download and save the form on your laptop or PC for future use.
Required Documents to enroll in IGNOU
Not much, a simple list of documents is only compulsory for taking admission in IGNOU, and you can submit them in Scanned format as well.
- Photographs (passport size)
- A valid identity card
- Birth certificate
- Category certificate
- Experience certificate
- Academic certificate
- BPL certificate
Don’t miss – Apart from Photograph and signature, all other documents must be less than 400kb.
IGNOU Admission Fees and Refund Policy 2021
The university receives the one time registration fees at the time of taking in IGNOU in the first year or semester of a particular program. It is noted that the registration fee is non-refundable. IGNOU program fees refundable under some circumtance if student cancelling their admission in IGNOU within given period.
- If any of the student want to cancel their admission in IGNOU before last date of admission then they will 100% refund of their program fees by deducting registration fees of Rs 200.
- If student cancelling their admission within 15 days after closing of admission session then they will receive the course fees by deducting the amount of Rs 500.
- If admission cancelled within 30 days after the last date of admission then the amount of Rs 1000 deducted from the program fees.
- Lastly, if the admission cancelled after complete 30 days from the last date of admission then no refund will be issue to the student.
Payment Modes for IGNOU Admission Fees
- Credit/Debit Card
- Net Banking
- Bank Draft (DD)
- Cash Challan
Is Your Form Still Showing Incomplete After Payment of Fees?
If you already paid your Admission fees but the form still showing incomplete or asking you to pay the fees again then there is no need to worry about it. You can mail to the online department of admission at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with your payment details and control number to get updated your fee status online.
What are the rules of admission for foreign students in IGNOU?
IGNOU is now spreading its regional centers all over the world and is turning globally. An international student can take admission in IGNOU without much ado as the process is seamless. An international student needs to have a valid VISA for the duration of the course, along with meeting the eligibility criteria and required documents. Also, the fee structure for the international student is different, and admission will be accepted through online mode.
Open your wings and let your career fly without any restriction. It doesn’t matter if you are unable to reach the regular classes or could not continue your studies. Also, if the private college does not fit in your pocket, IGNOU will let you fly high in spirits. Follow up with the information about the admission process in IGNOU, and you will surely succeed in your academics without any doubt.
Once you have completed all your admission procedures and paid the fees then you may have to wait some time to get a confirmation message from your regional centre regarding your application. Candidates can check their application status after 10 days from the registration date to get status for it. The maximum duration for verification of your documentation is 40 working days.
Candidates have to follow the admission status link to get brief details about their registration like your admission is approved or rejected by the university and more details.
If candidates have any queries and questions related to IGNOU Online Admission then they can contact the department by available email support or phone support to get the answer to their questions.
FAQs – IGNOU Admission July 2021
Can I Take Online Admission in IGNOU?
Is Offline Admission Mode Also Available in IGNOU?
You can contact the nearest regional centre of IGNOU for the availability of offline admission.
What are the Months of IGNOU Online Admission?
May-June for July Session & November-December for January Session.
Can I Take Direct Admission in IGNOU?
Yes, Candidates can take direct admission to the Majority of Courses except for Bed, MBA, BSC Nursing & Ph.D.
Do I Need to Submit Hard Copy of Application Form to IGNOU?
No. You don’t need to submit any printed copy of the application to IGNOU if you took admission through online mode.
Can I Take Admission in Any Session of IGNOU?
Yes, Candidates can take admission in the January or July session of IGNOU University. But few courses are offered only in one session so you must confirm before proceeding.