IGNOU Admission July 2020 – IGNOU’s next admission cycle will be officially open by the university for session 2020-21 for all its academic programs. Students can explore the latest admission procedure and important dates to get admission easily in the world’s largest and popular distance and open learning institute named IGNOU University. IGNOU July 2020 Admission session will be open only for those candidates who interested to take admission to this university as a distance program. The next session will be expected to commence from June 2020 to the end of July 2020.
Live Updates of IGNOU Admission 2020
IGNOU Online Admission for session Jan 2020 is now closed by the university. IGNOU Admission Last Date for Session January 2020 was 28th February 2020 for Indian Students as well as for International Students. We already informed all students that the given last date might be the final date for taking admission in IGNOU so thereafter no application will be accepted by the university either online or offline. If you missed the last session of January 2020 then you need to wait for the next session called July 2020 admission session.
Picking IGNOU for further education will never be the wrong choice. First of all, the degree attained from this institute is valid and considered equivalent to any accredited institute. Furthermore, it is a boon for the students who are unable to start or complete their education for any of the reasons.
IGNOU has brought down a higher level of education to their doors within an affordable fee structure. Moreover, talking about the study materials, it would be hard to bring down IGNOU. The students who are diligently working for UPSC, Civil services, or any national examination put their fingers first on the study materials of IGNOU.
All the students who want to replenish their educational career through distant mode must take note of the admission process carried out in IGNOU. We have brought together the entire information for your reference.
Is there any particular time to apply for admission in IGNOU?
IGNOU is very generous in taking the admission and hereby conducts the admission cycle twice a year.
- If you are joining in the month of January, then admission form filling will be submitted during November and December.
- On the other hand, the July cycle is also open for admission, and for this, the application will be constituted between May and August.
Now, the decision lies on your shoulder as which admission cycle of IGNOU is suitable for you and then act accordingly.
How to know whether you are eligible for educational programs of IGNOU?
IGNOU is one of the largest open universities in India, which is now functioning at international levels as well. If you are among those who want to pursue any educational course through IGNOU, then we will be helping you with the eligibility elements of all of them.
- Advanced certificate – The student should have a 10+2 certificate or any equivalent certificate from a recognized institute.
- Bachelor’s course – The student must hold 10 and 10+2 certificate
- Post graduate diploma – The student should have finished the graduation course to proceed with the post-graduation diploma in the same stream.
- Master’s course – The student should have completed Bachelors course from an accredited university
- M.Phil – Students must have a Master’s degree with a score of 55% (minimum for general) while SC/ST/OBC candidates must have 50%.
- PhD course – The student must have either Master’s degree or M.Phil degree with 55% of marking minimum.
Thus, you are fulfilling the eligibility criteria depending on the course you have chosen; get along with the admission process right away. For further information, you should download the brochure of the respective course through the website of IGNOU.
In addition, students who desire to carry on with two educational degrees from IGNOU must make a note of this. IGNOU does not permit taking admission in two academic programs. While a student can join for one degree and one certificate program at a time, therefore, try not to make this mistake.
Available Methods for Taking Admission in IGNOU
Candidates can apply through Online Admission mode which is easy and time-saving. If you want then you can register your self to the Online Admission portal and fill your application form online and pay your fees with the online payment method.
If candidates want to follow offline procedure then they have to download IGNOU Prospectus from our site and submit your application form to IGNOU Regional Centre before the due date. Keep in mind that now only a few centers are accepting offline applications.
You can Download IGNOU Application Form from the IGNOU Prospectus if you want to go for offline procedure and get a print of it, fill it and send it to IGNOU nearest regional centre and wait for Admission approval from them.
Does IGNOU conduct an entrance examination for all of its courses?
Not for all, but there are certain courses for which students have to go through the entrance examination for gluing their seats in IGNOU. Want to know, what they are, then take a look below –
- IGNOU OPENMAT entrance examination needs to be written by the students who want to pursue MBA or management courses in IGNOU.
- IGNOU PhD Entrance Examination to take admission in IGNOU PhD programs
- IGNOU Bed entrance exam is mandatory if you want to take admission in IGNOU Bed program.
It is all, for the rest of the courses; IGNOU has shared the eligibility criteria acting as the requisite.
IGNOU Admission Last Date for July 2020
If you have a question like what is the last date of IGNOU admission 2020 then here is an answer to it. Candidates are requested to keep check regularly IGNOU Admission Last Date for July 2020 to get updated information with its important dates so that you don’t miss this session without registration.
IGNOU Online Admission Start Date: After the end of the lockdown
IGNOU Online Admission Last Date: 30th July 2020 (Expected)
Last Date with Late Fees: No Provision Now
Note: IGNOU will be released the last date for submission of the online application form so candidates are advised to keep check the important date section to get the latest updates about the extension of the last date. The given last date of Admission is applicable for All Master Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma, Certificate, and other programs.
IGNOU Admission Procedure July 2020
There are two options are available for students for getting admission to the university. You can apply either through Online method or Offline method. We always recommend applying through the online procedure which is the fast and time-saving method.
For Online Admission, You don’t have to visit any IGNOU Regional Centre for getting your admission done because the complete procedure will be done through online. The online method is 100% safe and easy to follow. Click the given link to apply Online in the January 2020 session.
How to Take Admission in IGNOU? If you have a question this then you can check steps by step procedure which we have updated on this section so you will get Admission easily.
How to fill IGNOU Admission form?
To secure a valid spot in IGNOU, every student has to go with the process of online admission form submission. If needed, the option of offline form filling is also there. In this section, we are going to share the step by step process of Admission procedure to be followed in IGNOU.
- You have to start with connecting through this link to proceed with the registration
- To start the process, it is essential to have user id and password, and for this, you need to create an account.
- The link named as Register Online will be there, click on it.
- Here you have to create a user name as well as password. Also, don’t miss, the user name along with the password, will reach you through SMS on the number you have provided.
- Now, you have to login again using the details to fill the form of admission.
- Check the program for which you are applying and then click on it.
- While filling the admission form of IGNOU, keep your focus on mentioning each and every detail with utmost consciousness to avoid any errors or delay.
- On the section of photograph and signature upload, the same in this format 100KB in size and JPG. Make sure the given specifications are met or else the upload process will get hindered.
- The declaration form will be seen on the screen, click on the checkbox after reading the details.
- It is the stage where you will get an extra chance to re-validate the data or details entered on the admission form. Hopefully, if you have made any mistakes, it is the best time to rectify it.
- Take the help of the online payment mode and carry on with the fee submission. The common ones are net banking, debit/credit card, etc.
- The payment of the fees will be considered successful, once you have received the SMS in your phone number. So, don’t be in a hurry and wait for it.
- Now, you will see a tab with Preview written on it; click on verify the form once again.
- It is recommended to take the hard copies of the submitted admission form because you will need it. Also, download and save the form on your laptop or PC for future use.
What documents do you need to enrol in IGNOU?
Not much, a simple list of documents is only compulsory for taking admission in IGNOU, and you can submit them in Scanned format as well.
- Photographs (passport size)
- A valid identity card
- Birth certificate
- Category certificate
- Experience certificate
- Academic certificate
- BPL certificate
Don’t miss – Apart from Photograph and signature, all other documents must be less than 400kb.
Available Payment Mode for IGNOU Admission Fees
- Credit/Debit Card
- Net Banking
- Bank Draft (DD)
- Cash Challan
Is Your Form Still Showing Incomplete After Payment of Fees?
If you already paid your Admission fees but the form still showing incomplete or asking you to pay the fees again then there is no need to worry about it. You can mail to the online department of admission at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with your payment details and control number to get updated your fee status online.
What are the rules of admission for foreign students in IGNOU?
IGNOU is now spreading its regional centers all over the world and is turning globally. An international student can take admission in IGNNOU without much ado as the process is seamless. An international student needs to have a valid VISA for the duration of the course, along with meeting the eligibility criteria and required documents. Also, the fee structure for the international student is different, and the admission will be accepted only through offline mode.
Open your wings and let your career fly without any restriction. It doesn’t matter if you are unable to reach the regular classes or could not continue your studies. Also, if the private college does not fit in your pocket, IGNOU will let you fly high in spirits. Follow up with the information about the admission process in IGNOU, and you will surely succeed in your academics without any doubt.
Once you have completed all your admission procedures and paid the fees then you may have to wait some time to get a confirmation message from your regional centre regarding your application. Candidates can check their application status after 10 days from the registration date to get status for it. The maximum duration for verification of your documentation is 40 working days.
Candidates have to follow the admission status link to get brief details about your registration like your admission is approved or rejected by university and more details.
If candidates have any queries and questions related to IGNOU Online Admission then they can contact the department by available email support or phone support to get the answer to their questions.
FAQs of IGNOU Admission 2020
Can I Take Online Admission in IGNOU?
Is Offline Admission Mode Also Available in IGNOU?
You can contact nearest regional centre of IGNOU for offline admission.
What are the Months of IGNOU Online Admission?
May-June for July Session & November-December for January Session.
Can I Take Direct Admission in IGNOU?
Yes, Candidates can take direct admission to the Majority of Courses except for Bed, MBA & Ph.D.
Do I Need to Submit Hard Copy of Application Form to IGNOU?
No. You don’t need to submit any application copy to IGNOU if you took admission through online mode.
Can I Take Admission in Any Session of IGNOU?
Yes, Candidates can take admission in the January or July session of IGNOU University. But few courses are offered only in one session so you must confirm before proceeding.